40 Things I DON’T Love
This sucker took WAY longer than my “40 Things I Love” story! I struggled to finish.
I tried to be creative, but I know I have some standard fare on my list. Still, it feels very Bonnie and I hope it is at least a bit entertaining!
If I order a Coke at a restaurant, I want a Coke. If you ask if Pepsi is okay, I’m going to tell you “no.”
2. Ongoing dreary weather.
A storm that blows over? No problem. A day of rain followed by some sun? Sure. But day-after-day of clouds? This Florida girl starts to go mad and get sad.
I’m out. I love that you love it. But I. am. out.
4. Lemon in my water.
Just plain water, please. Not sparkling. And no citrus. Thanks!
5. Tea or coffee.
Give me Cherry Coke or give me death!
6. What happened to my neck the past year.
Damn you, middle age!
7. Being hot.
I do not glisten. I sweat. My face turns red. It’s not pretty. I get irritable and I don’t want to be irritable.
8. Being really hungry.
I will give you a heads up that I need food. Take me seriously or it’s gonna get nasty!
9. People who visit foreign countries and loudly complain that things are different than what they are accustomed to.
(We’re human — complain in private if something really bothers you. But stop being obnoxious in public.)
11. Carnations and baby’s breath.
12. Students with a chip on their shoulder because they have to take my class.
You picked this major. Not me. Yes, you need to know some basic accounting if you want to be in business. Get over yourself.
13. Being told I’m not adventurous because I don’t want to eat certain food.
I’ve gone whitewater rafting on a class 5. I’ve traveled abroad solo. I’ve moved to a new city by myself. I’m adventurous enough. Zip it.
14. Not holding the door open for someone in a wheelchair, a parent with a stroller, or someone with their hands full.
15. Cancer. Parkinson’s. Alzheimer’s.
16. People who act like martyrs but really just want attention.
Y’all. I don’t get it. I’m as pro-tv and pro-Gen-X as they come. But, man, I cannot do Seinfeld. I’ve never gotten through a whole episode. It’s torture.
(I bet I just lost 100 followers for that admission.)
18. Hypocrisy and hypocrites.
Oh, I see you. And I’ve got NO time for you.
19. Too much ice.
That’s left over from my London days in college. I like some ice, but light ice, please.
I typically run direct. But you want to play that way? Game on.
21. Bad kissers.
Deal breaker. #sorrynotsorry
22. People who fail to take responsibility for their actions and decisions.
23. That grunge displaced my favorite early 90’s Madchester/shoegazer/jangly guitar music.
24. Washing dishes.
I’ll cook, bake, vacuum, even wipe down toilets, but I really dislike washing dirty dishes.
25. Waking up early.
And that means before about 10 am. I’m not an early bird. At all.
26. Talk radio.
It just sounds like a bunch of people yelling. I don’t have the energy.
27. That River Phoenix died so young and so tragically.
I still miss him. (I had no personal connection to him. I was a big fan, though.)
28. Road construction that takes YEARS longer than it’s supposed to.
I’m looking at you MOPAC.
Stop trying to make fetch happen.
This includes ranch dressing. And salsa. And guacamole. Seriously. All the dips. No thank you!
Really almost any bug or thing that flies around.
In Florida girl fashion, I typically kill roaches as I squeal while wearing Lilly Pulitzer gold sandals. They are stomped into oblivion with a little glamour!
I’m banned from donating blood. I turn white and/or a pale green. My blood actually stops flowing. I get very faint.
33. Poor sportsmanship.
Be gracious. In winning and losing.
34. Roller coasters.
Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain at Disney World are all I can handle.
My body can’t go upside down or backwards. See #32. I will turn pale/green and might need to puke.
35. Sleeping without a fan.
It’s going to be a rough night. I need my fan!
36. When Christmas decorations are displayed in stores in August.
37. Long lines.
I’ll suck ’em up if it’s important or necessary, but I’m not a happy camper.
38. The fact that Jon Scott doesn’t have more followers.
Man, he cracks me up! I do love a dry British sense of humor. And his poems about my abysmal dating life are the highlight of my day!
39. School starting in early August.
Booooo! That should still be summer break!
40. That everyone thinks a-ha is a one hit wonder.
Or just a boy band. Or just an 80’s band.
They are amazing and have such a fabulous musical catalog that spans 4 decades.
Thank you for reading this story
I know you are busy and have lots of ways you could be spending your time. You using your time to read my work means the world to me — my sincerest thanks!